Thursday, April 4, 2013

36. My Switzerland authorities -- Herr Joder

This is how I learned the names of Bartolome and Katharina (and their descendants).

It was the result of the work of Herr Hans Joder of Switzerland.  He is a Swiss genealogist.   In the summer of 2008, he drove around Switzerland searching for the Treuthardt parish records.   Herr Joder copied Swiss records and meticulously compiled the information in a notebook for me.  

When we traveled to Switzerland in 2009, we went to visit Herr Joder and his kind wife.   It was only a short visit, and we wished it were longer.   We sat around the table having cookies and a beverage and talking about the information briefly.   They spoke German, and Benjamin could understand most of it.   We did well communicating, better than one would think.   What special memories these are, to have met the man and his wife who graciously contributed to this study.  

I will give more details later about this man's work, but for now I wanted to recognize his help.    How did Herr Joder come to help me with this information?

Since I am working backwards in time, that is a future post!

No comments:

Post a Comment