Friday, February 15, 2013

6. Great-grandfather Treuthardt's tombstone

None of us knew our great-grandfather's name for sure, and certainly not his dates of birth and death.   It was essential to know those basic items if I was going to study his history.   At one family reunion, my cousin Roy asked me, "Do you want to go see the cemetery where our great-grandfather is buried?"   I said, "YES!!!!"   And we drove to the site.    There it was, the basic data I was seeking, and the whereabouts of great-grandfather [and other family members] at the IOOF Cemetery in Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas.     -->

     Fred C. Treuthardt
    Born in Switzerland
        Mar. 28, 1834
               Died
        Feb. 12, 1907

"Father, into Thy Hands I commend my spirit"   








The Treuthardt family plot

Our initial visit to the cemetery with Roy was in August, 1989.   That was almost twelve years after my interview with Anna Anna.   
The above pictures were taken by Eddie Kolodziej, August 22, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment